The new decade is upon us, the Earth having completed another journey around the Sun. My transit updates are a little late this lunation, due to the fullness of the holiday season and all this time of year demands of us and delights us with.
I feel a clarity and sense of balance between time and timelessness in these opening days of 2020. A great deal weighs upon one side of the scale, with a full sign of Capricorn, hosting the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto duration this lunation. Yet the other side of the scale is not empty, as it is what we do and how we participate that will determine the balance.
I hope you enjoy the guidance these short transit updates can provide you throughout the lunation. I recommend printing out a copy and affixing it near your calendar, your desk, your bed, or your altar, so you can check in each morning and evening to see what the day and night hold in store.
Transits of the
The date and time indicate when the transit is in exact alignment. For transits of the Moon these will last for several hours, whereas inner planet transits may last for several days, or even longer. All times are given in Pacific time.
* December 25 @ 9:13 pm PT * Solar Eclipse at 4° Capricorn, a Mercury-Sun-Moon-Jupiter stellium. New successful ideas can be incarnated and manifested. Plant the seed, that it may flower in the next Moon’s turn into a new light in the world. An eclipse opens the portal between realms.
* December 27 @ 10:25 am PT * The Sun conjoins Jupiter in Capricorn, as the Moon conjoins Saturn and Pluto. This heavily packed sign of Capricorn may correlate with emotional weight and perhaps even grief, although the Sun-Jupiter may cast an aura of some celebratory energy through the chill air.
* December 28 @ 8:55 pm PT * Mercury enters Capricorn, adding yet another planet to an overly full sign. Your mental capacity may become more clear and rarified, offering the opportunity to proceed towards tasks in an orderly and organized manner between now and January 16.
* December 31 @ 4:15 pm PT * The Sun in Capricorn sextiles the Pisces Moon conjunct Neptune. This final day of the decade may feel like a soft inward glow, bringing a dreamy, intoxicating, and emotionally permeable feeling to the day.
• January 2 @ 8:45 pm PT * Mercury conjoins Jupiter in Capricorn as the Aries Moon makes the waxing square to the Sun. Take action on behalf of the inner sphere of the home, hearth, and psyche, laying the groundwork for an open and expansive mind to call in abundant possibilities.
* January 3 @ 1:37 am PT * Mars moves into Sagittarius, igniting the archer’s arrow and kindling the call to action. Strive towards your broadening horizons, directing your energy to serve your greater goals. Tend the burning embers of your will between now and February 16.
* January 5 @ 1:37 pm PT * Sun-Mercury in Capricorn makes a trine to the exalted Gibbous Moon in Taurus. Check the seeds you planted at the Solar Eclipse. Are there leaves growing? Reflect on what nourishment and material support you need to see your intentions through to their flowering.
* January 6 @ 10:21 pm PT * The Sun sextiles Neptune in Pisces, directing soft focus onto themes of dream, vision, imagination, fantasy, and magic. See through the illusions and beyond the mirage to the truth of the image.
* January 8 @ 5:03 am PT * Neptune in Pisces receives both a square from the Gemini Quarter Moon and a sextile from Capricorn Mercury. The dreamy, sensitive, imagistic atmosphere continues, saturating body and mind. Bathe in the waters of subtle inspiration.
* January 9 @ 4:00 pm PT * The Moon slides into Cancer before coming into opposition with Jupiter in Capricorn. While this may bring in some much needed feelings of joy, it can also lead to emotional and relational overextension and potential overwhelm.
* January 10 @ 11:21 am PT * The Sun conjoins Mercury in Capricorn before crossing into the Lunar Eclipse at 20° Cancer. The Moon will make oppositions to Mercury, Saturn, and Pluto in short succession, reflecting a potentially powerful contraction and perhaps deep inner catharsis. Stay within, stay with it, see it through, think it through, be with thyself.
* January 12 @ 8:59 am PT * The day of long-awaiting arrives: Saturn conjoins Pluto at 21° Capricorn, perfecting a world transit that came into orb in early 2018. The experience of contraction, crisis, division, othering, intense negation, deplorable heaviness, consequential judgement, and irrevocable destruction reaches a peak. The ripples of this transit will continue through 2021. Do the deep work, face the shadow within and without, forge your moral ground.
* January 13 @ 5:20 am PT * The Sun conjoins Saturn and Pluto, focusing intense concentration upon the dominating Saturn-Pluto zeitgeist. A light in the darkness, or a glaring illumination of shadow, showing the underbelly of the dragon in stark and shattering relief.
* January 14 @ 10:41 pm PT * The Capricorn Sun trines the Disseminating Moon in Virgo. Find acceptance and resource yourself through clear, organizational channels. Perhaps record your thoughts on the archetypal qualities of the current moment and the potent days just passed.
* January 15 @ 3:18 pm PT * Exalted Venus in Pisces makes a sextile to Uranus in Taurus, enhancing the potential for sparkling social connections that may have an awakening flutter of dreamy joy to them. Dress with flair, expressing your unique beauties.
* January 17 @ 4:58 am PT * The Moon in Libra makes its waning square to the Sun, before the Moon soon submerges into Scorpio. Reevaluate how you expend your energy when engaging with others. Assess your needs, and whether they really are needs—or are they wants?
* January 18 @ 12:32 am PT * Mercury in early Aquarius squares Uranus in Taurus. The hummingbird mind awakens, fluttering from idea to idea like a hummingbird darts from flower to flower. Follow the book fairy, playing with bibliomancy to pluck the right idea from the synchronicitous page. Leave books open everywhere.
* January 19 @ 1:21 pm PT * The Balsamic Moon in Scorpio sextiles the Sun, just before the Moon leaps into Sagittarius. The candle burns low in the wax, but still flickers and illuminates nonetheless. Take time to gather this harvest of this lunation, as the darkness of the New Moon begins to approach.
* January 20 @ 6:55 am PT * The Sun ingresses into Aquarius as the Moon conjoins Mars in Sagittarius. Direct any irritable, frustrated, rash energy towards expressive action, finding innovative solutions to the apparent aggravations in your path.
* January 22 @ 10:54 pm PT * The Moon in Capricorn conjoins Jupiter, just as the Sun squares Uranus. Watch for the spark of sudden insight, the unexpected disruption, the expansive joy that can come with opening up to a new realm of possibility.
* January 24 @ 1:42 pm PT * The Moon sidles into Aquarius in time for the New Moon. We are in the dry, airy midwinter season where seeds planted must stay in the cold hard Earth and await germination patiently. The seed that is slow to sprout may outlast the winter storms. Set intentions that will endure beyond just this next lunation cycle.